Sunday, April 24, 2011

New Dolls - Snug Swift & Borumm-Bottom

Sculpting these two was quite interesting, to say the least. I had to stop working on them not long after I had finished (as far as I thought) sculpting the heads. Snug’s came out very well, sweet, innocent and cute, but when I was working on Borumm-Bottom… my head begin to ache, I just could not look at him, when I did my head got worse… needless to say he was unhappy about something.. I finally got back to work on him and several more hours of sculpting later, he was happy..


Snug Swift

Snug Swift is the official (self-appointed) Snaggle-poker of Elura the Earthen Fay. With his ever faithful teddy bear Benard in hand, Snug follows his big brother Snaggle Swift around Nightswood as he delivers his (not so urgent) messages for the Earthen Fay. Whenever Snaggle gets sidetracked by the flowers and wanders from the path, Snug is there, ready to ‘poke’ his brother back in the right direction.

Snug’s outfit is made of cotton and felt, his hair/fur made from faux fur, and his feet are wrapped in real leather. He has been blushed with Acrylic paints and dry chalks.
Snug is roughly 4inches tall.

Benard is a OOAK hand needle felted Nightswood Teddy Bear, he is made from a mix or raw and merino wool


Borumm-Bottom

Borumm-Bottom an offensive little Fallenroot pixie, who loves nothing more then to stand underfoot (right where you cant see him!!) and fling around insulting and rude comments to anyone within earshot. In the event he asks you over to take a look at something, don’t !!!!

Borumm’s outfit is made of stretch cottons, suede like fabric and cord, his hair/fur made from faux fur, and his hat and tail wrap are made from real ostrich leather. He has been blushed with Acrylic paints and dry chalks.
Borumm is roughly 7inches tall.







It has been quite a long time since I have put a doll up for sale.
Snug and Borumm are both up on ebay.


Under Armature


On another note I have been working on my Autumn Fay, I have sculpted her tree base and made her under armature, mine is a more intricate verson of Patricia Rose's under armature, I like having a bit more freedom.


Ksheyna.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...