Saturday, January 29, 2011

Wings, wings, so many wings....

I still can't believe it, this pair of wings I had on ebay went up to $36.31 ... I just cant believe it.. so much for something so small..
Anyways.. Six more wings have been added to ebay, the last two are my silk wings, they came out amazingly well, far better then I had hoped.











Ksheyna.

Monday, January 24, 2011

Delia ~ Finished

I missed my sculpting... 

Well my Delia is now complete, I am very happy with how she turned out. I only had one hiccup in her making.. her tail changed colour on me in the oven.. it was painted blue when I put her in but oh well, I rather like the sea-greenish colour.




Ksheyna.

Sunday, January 23, 2011

A Few New Wings

Finished these new wings off late last night, they came out quite well. I have started work on some of my silk wings, but they will have to wait.  My time off of sculpting ended this morning so I am back to work on Delia.






These wings are all up on ebay.

Ksheyna.

Friday, January 21, 2011

Delia

Trying out a new armature for my new mermaid art doll, it is based on Patricia Rose's 'Under Armature'.  I tweaked it a bit to give more movement, the upper body was to stiff for my liking so I added a few more parts so I could arch the back and I added knees.  It worked out quite well, I was able to change her pose after the clay was added with out losing her shape.  She is coming along quite well, her tail is looking wonderful but I still have a lot of work to do on her, but that has to be for another day as I have had orders from my physio to take some time off sculpting, about a day or two.
  


Ksheyna.

Monday, January 17, 2011

New Wings











I have one more pair of 'decorative' Transparent wings waiting to be finished off, then I will start on some silk wings and maybe a few simple transparent wings for my own art dolls.

These one are currently up on ebay.

Ksheyna.

Sunday, January 16, 2011

My Dear Isabella

Being sick in not much fun, but thankfully I am almost over it. The past week has been interesting and full.  I joined the International Art Doll Registry and thanks to the IADR I have learnt a couple of new skills to help improve my work. I have even been able to get some work done.

Isabella.  Quite a big improvement from my first mermaid. I wanted to keep her simple (and sweet) I used glass eyes for this one and I tipped her tail and fins with glod leaf.  I Love Her Tail!! The scales just add so much detail.







Ksheyna.

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Under the Weather

Not been too well for the past few days, so all doll and wing making has come to a stop, for now.
Hopefully I will be better some time next week and be back sculpting, till then..

Ksheyna.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...