Sunday, October 24, 2010

A fairy for the seasons ~ Spring Part 2

My Spring Fay is full of firsts, I have used dry chalks to blush her in place of paints, I have used them in the past to add colour to my mini fruit and mushrooms but never thought to use them on my dolls. It gives a much softer appearances and I think I will be using them more in the future.
She is also my first doll to have ‘real’ eyelashes, this was a bit challenging at first, the last thing I wanted to do was make a mistake and ruin her… but in the end it turned out better then I had expected. Eyelashes are not on my to-do list for future Fays.





The epoxy glue I used on her wings is now set, and she has just been affixed to her stand. All I need now is to get a name plaque made up for her and she will be finished.

 A Fairy for the Seasons 
Spring 2010
By Ksheyna Nightswood


Ksheyna.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...